Monday, October 3, 2011

A few ways to be an Awesome Sister (PART 2)


Sorry it has taken me so long to finish this thing out. This whole week has been insanely busy. I feel like I've just been all over the place. And... there is no end in sight. I'm writing this now as I'm packing to head out for Pensacola this afternoon.  There will be a post about the wedding we're attending next week! Stay tuned...


Now, back to last weekend!  Here's where we left off.
We had to go back and prepare the goodies for the shower. Starting with the choc covered strawberries.
The chocolate attacked my wrist. I feared for my life.

We also made frittatas. (AKA: Baked egg cups with stuff in them)

Finally, Saturday morning came and we were ready to rock'n'roll. I didn't take pictures of set up, because that's boring.

D & B
Me and D
Let's take a look around..
 Game when you first come in.
Guess how many Onesies are in the jar. (Answer: 13)


 Food table, we used books to decorate everywhere.


The cupcakes went along with the color scheme in 3 different flavors.


Look, a blurry margharita cupcake.


 The big table for everyone to gather around :)


 Each person had their own spot complete with everything needed to participate in games as well as have strawberries at arms length!


More books as decoration. Those strawberries look so good! (B was the master for these)



 D with her gifts for Alice Katherine


 Showing off the belly!


B is..... groping the belly???


Another shot of us before she began to open gifts..


Opening gifts... I'll just show a few.

 Well it was a "Bring a Book" shower, after all.


 Cutest tu-tu ever made. I might be a little biased ;)


From Aunt B.


Blanket our mom crocheted for the baby.


Some pictures of the guests...

 Some of D's friends from High shcool. Together again :)


 D and her two sisters-in law


 3 of my dearest friends who just happen to love D too!!!


MoW swallowed a bug... JK. ACTUALLY... Chels and J just bailed on her for the silly face picture.
And then the shower was over. We ate, we talked, we played games, and we celebrated the upcoming birth of a sweet little girl!

Then some of us went back to D's house to do some nursery decorating.

 Painting letters to go over the crib.




Then, we all went out for dinner later that night.


Me and my hubs!!! He photographs so well. I am jealous.
(forever maroon and white! HAIL STATE :)  I'll try not to get carried away by the Alma Mater...

It was so wonderful to get to spend time with BOTH of my sisters at the same time. It's been so long. But all good things must come to an end....

Here is Me, hubs, both sisters, and D's husband. In the same place at the same time. Weird.

I justify my look in this particular photo by the following:
1. I have on no makeup
2. The sun is in my face
3. I'm currently in "I'm-gonna-sneeze-but-I'm-taking-a-picture" stage. It was tough

Then Hubs and I had to take B back to the airport. Sad.

 I Heart my sister.
Bye B!!! I'll miss you. Sad again.

Then, to soothe my pain, Hubs took me to DQ for a sundae. It helped... a little.

Then we came home. We were exhausted, for real. The End.

Disclaimer: I do apologize this post took so long to put up.  I had most of this finished and lost it over the weekend. So here you have it now. I'll blame it on the long, but wonderful weekend in Pensacola!!

Bye for now, thanks for reading! xoxo

1 comment: