Monday, March 28, 2011

There are a few things that I know

Do you remember being a kid and thinking that adults just have it all together and that they just know sooo much?  Well I do.  I remember thinking that one day I would be an adult and would be settled and understand politics, the stock market, and surely I'd be a natural at relationships and raising children... I mean that's what adults do............. right?  

Well, here I am, married, working full-time, and looking forward to buying a home within the year and thinking about starting a family.  Unfortunately, the above paragraph scarcely applies to me.

However........ There are a few things I know.  With life come general life knowledge, and I'm slowly joining the crowd of "experienced adults"  that is, at best, getting along in this world and figuring it out as I go.  Here are a few things that I've done that have taught me volumes.... 

1. Graduated 3 times
2. Met a boy who loves me

               See, I told you  he loves me.. He even made a list about it.




                  Not exactly all in this order..... but more or less........

3. Loved on some kids from another continent who don't speak my language



4. Got engaged

Planned a wedding... Here's where you find your real friends.  A friend who can love you through the entire wedding process is worth keeping..... Forever.


      Disclaimer:  There are many other friends not photographed here...... I love you all.

4. Taught some kids some English in various countries..


Being an expert at something really pays off sometimes.  I'm really good at speaking English, I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.
 
5. Then I got married

I can hardly begin to tell what this has taught me.  What an exciting relationship to enter into. One that sharpens me as iron against iron and teaches me to laugh at myself and to accept unconditional love that sometimes is so undeserved.  We are blessed.

6. Then I moved in with the boy who loves me.

This boy was apparently unaware of the camera on move-in-day. Here we are holding the keys to our apartment last summer.


The list could certainly go on, and though I'm no expert on life, I'm getting pretty darn close... (Not really) The point is that I've been through quite a lot in the past 5 years in the time that I've been a legal adult.  Now that I'm 23, I'm sure my hair will gray soon and I'll start falling apart. I hear that it all goes down hill around 30... I'm going to stay positive though.  

There are a few things I know.  God loves me, my husband loves me, I'm surrounded my amazing friends who love me, I've been blessed with a job, and I know that whatever the future holds, will be super exciting. So that's all for now.  Stay with me, and invite your friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment